Important News for the New School Year – Including new drop off procedures
Posted on August 20, 2018
First Day of School – August 27, 2018, drop off begins at 7:45 am. All students are to report in Fall dress uniform.
- Don’t forget to pack a snack for the mid-morning snack time for all students. Please note that 3rd grade and Middle School are nut-free. All families with children in those grades are asked to send in only foods that do not contain nuts.
- AM Bridges (morning) is available beginning at 6:45 a.m. New students must submit a Child Registration Form to be admitted for Bridges. Returning students will be asked to submit an updated registration form.
- Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 students who will utilize PM Bridges (afternoon) MUST bring the Child Registration Form and secure a spot with a $100.00 registration fee. Without this, Pre-K students are not able to stay in care because our program is a state-licensed facility. There will only be 20 spots reserved for Pre-K students. The non-refundable fee enables us to ensure we are always staffed and ready for Pre-K students who may need extended care. The first 20 registration forms accompanied by paid fees will be accepted.
- Pencil cases that were required by grades 1 – 3 are available at the school store for $5.00.
- Locker shelves for new 6th grade students are available in the school store for $20.00.
- Parents are not permitted to walk students to class in the morning. Students will enter school on their own, accompanied and supervised by teachers and safety patrols.
- Pickup from PM Bridges: You may pick up your child by ringing the doorbell in the vestibule of the gymnasium.
- Any student dismissed from school prior to the official end of the school day must sign out at the office. Students will only be called to the office when parent or designated adult arrives to pick him/her up.
- ALERT ABOUT DROP OFF CHANGE BEGINNING FRIDAY, AUGUST 31STAn important issue has come up that we need to immediately address. Due to an increase in our student body this year, the traffic coming into the school for morning drop off has been backing up onto Amherst Street. We have a solution we believe will alleviate this problem. Beginning tomorrow, we will institute a new procedure for morning drop off, so please read this information carefully. If you have questions, don’t worry. We’ll have staff on hand to assist you in case of confusion.Families of students in Pre-K 3 and full-day Pre-K 4 will continue to drop off in the circle in front of the school (current drop off). There is no change to Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 drop off or pick up. The entire family of children who are with the Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 child will drop off in the circle in front of the school. For example, if you have a first grader, a third grader, an 8th grader, and a Pre-K 3 child, all children may be dropped off in the circle directly in front of the school. For families whose youngest child is in Kindergarten through Grade 8, morning drop off will now be in the same place as students currently dismiss in the afternoon – outside the back door of the Krempa gymnasium. Drive past the school all the way to the back of the school and park only in one lane, the left lane closest to the sidewalk. The right lanes will remain open for thru traffic. Please do not block any cross sections.Once students are assisted out of their cars, they will proceed up the steps, into the gymnasium, and walk to their classrooms. Staff and safety patrol will be posted throughout the school to guide students.
Please let us know if there is information that you missed so that we can continue to build strong communication with our families. We are happy to receive feedback.