Important reminders and procedures for the school year
Posted on August 20, 2018
Check back here often for news and updates about procedures that keep our school running safe and well.
- Don’t forget to pack a snack for the mid-morning snack time for all students. Please note that 3rd grade and Middle School are nut-free. All families with children in those grades are asked to send in only foods that do not contain nuts.
- In the chilly months (under 50 degrees), please send in a coat or jacket with your student. Students go outdoors for recess and it gets windy and cold on Holy Spirit Hill.
- The Friday folder is a critical means of communication between home and school. If you aren’t seeing it regularly, please call the office.
- AM Bridges (morning) is available beginning at 6:45 a.m. New students must submit a Child Registration Form to be admitted for Bridges. Returning students will be asked to submit an updated registration form.
- Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 students who will utilize PM Bridges (afternoon) MUST bring the Child Registration Form and secure a spot with a $100.00 registration fee. Without this, Pre-K students are not able to stay in care because our program is a state-licensed facility. There will only be 20 spots reserved for Pre-K students. The non-refundable fee enables us to ensure we are always staffed and ready for Pre-K students who may need extended care. The first 20 registration forms accompanied by paid fees will be accepted.
- Pencil cases that were required by grades 1 – 3 are available at the school store for $5.00.
- Locker shelves for new 6th grade students are available in the school store for $20.00.
- Parents are not permitted to walk students to class in the morning. Students will enter school on their own, accompanied and supervised by teachers and safety patrols.
- Adults are not permitted in the building during dismissal in the afternoons. The office will be closed from 3:00pm until 3:30pm. If you need to pick up your child for an appointment, come to the office before 2:55pm. Otherwise, you will have to wait until 3:15pm and come to the gymnasium vestibule. Gymnasium pickup at 3:15pm is for extraordinary dismissal only – please do not use this regularly.
- Pickup from PM Bridges: You may pick up your child by ringing the doorbell in the vestibule of the gymnasium.
- Any student dismissed from school prior to the official end of the school day must sign out at the office. Students will only be called to the office when parent or designated adult arrives to pick him/her up.
- Drop-off procedures: Families of students in Pre-K 3 and full-day Pre-K 4 will drop off in the circle in front of the school. The entire family of children who are with the Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 child will drop off in the circle in front of the school. For example, if you have a first grader, a third grader, an 8th grader, and a Pre-K 3 child, all children may be dropped off in the circle directly in front of the school. For families whose youngest child is in Kindergarten through Grade 8, morning drop off is in the same place as students currently dismiss in the afternoon – outside the back door of the Krempa gymnasium. Drive past the school all the way to the back of the school and park only in one lane, the left lane closest to the sidewalk. The right lanes will remain open for thru traffic. Please do not block any cross sections.Once students are assisted out of their cars, they will proceed up the steps, into the gymnasium, and walk to their classrooms. Staff and safety patrol will be posted throughout the school to guide students.
- Here is the link for a Sacred Heart Academy FACTS account: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/4F3D5
Please let us know if there is information that you missed so that we can continue to build strong communication with our families. We are happy to receive feedback.