Frequently Asked Questions
How much does tuition cost for my child?
Tuition at Sacred Heart Academy varies and is based on several factors. There is a parish, out-of-parish and non-Catholic rate. Tuition also varies depending on the number of children attending from the same family. Please refer to the Tuition fees schedule 2020-2021 for more specific information.
What is the average class size?
Currently the average class size is 25 students with some grades having more and some less. Classroom size allows for a maximum of 30 students.
Do you offer gifted-advanced and/or learning-disabled classes?
Sacred Heart Academy utilizes a team of resource teachers and an enhancement team to hold small group learning sessions. Sacred Heart Academy does not have specified gifted or learning-disabled classes.
What foreign languages does your school offer?
Sacred Heart Academy currently offers Spanish in grades PK through 8. Our graduates have been able to advance to Spanish 2 when they start high school.
What athletics programs are available?
Athletic programs offered at Sacred Heart Academy are running club for Kindergarten through 8th grade. This program is offered in the fall and the spring. Basketball, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Track, Golf, Tennis, Volleyball and Soccer are team sports and are available to middle school students.
Do you supply transportation?
Sacred Heart Academy Transportation is provided by families who often set up carpools with each other.
Is there a before and after school care option available?
Sacred Heart Academy offers before school care starting at 6:45 AM and after school care ending at 6:00 PM; we refer to this program as “Bridges.”
Do you have to be Catholic to attend?
Students do not have to be Catholic to attend Sacred Heart Academy. All students do take religion class and attend Mass.
Is the school accredited?
Sacred Heart Academy is accredited, Kindergarten through 8th Grade, by the Virginia Catholic Education Association. The Academy is currently in good standing and is re-evaluated every five years. Sacred Heart Academy’s Pre-School and Extended Day Programs are licensed through the Commonwealth of Virginia and are inspected at least twice a year.
Is financial aid available?
Financial aid is available to Catholic families who qualify through the diocesan grant and aid assessment process. In the 2010-11 school year twenty two percent of our families received some type of tuition assistance.
Can I pay tuition in installments?
Tuition payments may be made in one lump sum, three payments, or monthly through FACTS Management Company. There is no interest payment charged for choosing a payment plan, but there are associated fees.
- The first tuition payment is due on August 1, August 5, or August 15, 2020, depending upon your payment plan, with monthly payments due on the same day of each month until paid in full.
- Tuition is considered late if received after the 20th of the month and families will be charged a $50.00 late fee per month.
- There is an annual fee of $50 if you choose to pay your tuition monthly or tri-annual installments or $20 if you choose a one-time payment for the year.
- The following processing fees may apply with using FACTS:
- Credit Card – up to 2.85%
- Debit Card – up to 2.85%
- Checking or Savings account – no fee
- The amount of processing fee will be disclosed once you select your payment method.
- Card transactions for Sacred Heart Academy are processed by FACTS Management Company, USA.
- Families whose payments are regularly returned for insufficient funds may be asked to prepay tuition for the rest of the year.